The military code of Gurjaras are mentioned in the Kathakosaprakarana, Yasastilaka champu and the Tilakamanjari.Author S. R. Bakshi states that the description for Gurjar soldiers of Medieval period in the Yasastilaka champu is given as follows:
1. They had dhotis coming up to knees.
2. Their loins were girt with daggers mounted on the handles of buffalo horns.
3. The close and dense growth of hair that covering their bodies constituted as it were as armour for their entire body.
4. They appeared to be three-headed on account of quivers on both the right and left sides of their heads.
5. They surpassed even Krpa, Krpadharma, Karna, Arjuna, Drona, Drupada, Bhaga and Bhargava in shooting swiftly, vigorously and accurately even distand objects.